Rice water- Tandulodaka
How many of us eat rice? – Almost everyone!
How many of us cook rice with extra water and then throw away the water ?- Most of us!
How many of us know that the rice water which we throw away has many benefits? – Rarely anyone!
I hope after reading this article you can make the complete use of that extra water and reap maximum benefits out of it!
So, lets go ahead.
Which type of rice should be used?
- Any type of rice is okay
In what kind of vessel rice water should be stored?
- Copper vessel
- Mud vessel
What is it called in Ayurveda?
What are the benefits of rice water?
(1) It is an excellent plant fertilizer. Instead of throwing it away, give it to your plants which are kept at home!
(2) It is used as a skin moisturiser. It offers maximum rehydrating benefits and it can be used as a face wash too. It is an excellent water to wash your face after a hectic day.
(3) It can be used to apply it on fly bites
(4) It can also be given during diarrhoea for rehydration purpose
(5) It also helps in relieving burning sensation.
How can it be used ?
- 1 tsp of amla powder + 1 tsp of aloe vera juice + 1 tsp of white gourd + 1 tsp of jeera seeds + 150 ml of rice water
– You can make the paste out of it and apply it on the area where there is fly bites.
- 1 tsp of chandan powder + 1 tsp of raw honey + 100 ml of rice water
– You can drink this if you are suffering from diarrhoea
For how long you can keep it?
- 6-7 hours in complete refrigeration
Cumin seeds (Jeera) water
How many of us include cumin (jeera) in our food? – Almost everyone.
How many of us use cumin seeds water in our daily routine? – Rare
In today’s world, we all want a perfect health but for that we are running behind processed foods, artificial nutrients and weight loss pills.
There are different natural food stuffs but we are forgetting the values of the same.
Cumin water is one such miracle food which we rarely know about.
What are the benefits of cumin seeds water?
- Jeera water (cumin seeds) water helps in enhancing the digestive system. It is loaded with antioxidants which helps in preventing morning sickness, flatulence, constipation. It helps in breakdown of various macronutrients in the body like carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Not only digestive system, jeera water also helps in boosting your immune system. Cumin seeds water or jeera seeds is a very good source of iron which is a major component of hemoglobin.
- Jeera water is perhaps used as an excellent weight loss or weight control tool. Consumption of jeera water early in the morning (empty stomach) with proper maintenance of diet and exercise can help you loose a lot of extra weight!
- Consumption of cumin seeds water or jeera water helps in promoting good sleep and fights against insomnia. Consumption of jeera or cumin seeds before bed with proper circadian rhythm routine helps in dealing with insomnia issues.
- Jeera water or cumin seeds water helps in detoxifying the body.
- Since jeera water is a very rich source of antioxidants, it helps in eliminating toxins from the body which helps in keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Jeera water helps in improving the memory. Research has shown that consumption of jeera water helps in improving cognitive health.
- Breathing + consumption of jeera seeds or cumin seeds water helps in releasing the mucous in the lungs which helps in keeping your respiratory system proper.
Fennel seeds (saunf water)
Saunf is the most widely used spice and it has numerous benefits as well.
Fennel seeds water has great benefits in maintaining good health!
What are the benefits of fennel seeds ?
- Everybody needs a good metabolism and fennel seeds or saunf can definitely give on to you! Metabolism is basically the rate at which our body uses food to give us energy. Fennel seeds water has the capacity to that for you!
- Fennel seeds water or saunf water helps in suppressing your appetite naturally (without any use of artificial chemicals and preservatives). Chewing fennel seeds pre and post meal can also help.
- Fennel seeds or saunf water helps in purifying your blood. It helps in eliminating excess uric acid out of the body.
- It does have some kind of stimulant effect (not as strong as your caffeine but it can definitely work for few hours to keep you awake!
- It helps in easing out your hunger pangs as well! It also acts as a muscle relaxants.
- It helps in inducing sleep. Melatonin is a sleep hormone which also helps in inducing good night’s sleep. It is very important to have a proper sleep to loose weight.
- Fennel seeds (saunf) is a good source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, vitamin A and fiber.