I am sure there is no one who hasn’t heard about flaxseeds and flaxseeds oil.
In most common terms it is called as ‘Alsi’.
Flaxseeds have just gained attention because of its numerous benefits!
Flaxseeds are rich in omega 3 which is a part of good fats which is higher than fish!
1 tbsp of flaxseeds contains 1.8 grams of omega 3.
What is flaxseeds oil?
– It is most commonly known as linseed oil.
– Its scientific name is Linum usitatissimum
– Cultivated all over the world but most commonly in Mediterranean region.
If we talk about flaxseeds oil, the list of its benefits doubles up!
– It helps in promoting healthy hair growth.
– It aids in weight loss.
– It works as a detoxification agent for the body.
– It works as an anti aging oil.
– It helps in lightening dark patches.
– It helps in getting rid of acne.
– It helps in getting rid of blemishes.
– It helps in giving smooth lips.
– It helps in giving smooth skin.
– It helps in reducing dark circle.
– It helps in maintaining cholesterol levels.
– It helps in preventing muscle and joint plans
– It helps in getting rid of constipation.
– It helps in managing post menopausal symptoms.
– It prevents the occurrence of cancer especially colon cancer.
– It helps in maintaining blood pressure.
– It helps in preventing gastrointestinal diseases.
Let us just discuss some of these benefits in detail!
(1) Flaxseeds oil helps in weight loss.
– Flaxseeds oil is rich in omega 3, fiber and lignans.
– Fiber makes you feel satiated.
– Include flaxseeds oil in your meals like salads or curd or you can also add flaxseed oil in your black tea and black coffee.
(2) Flaxseeds oil helps in healthy hair growth.
– You can either consume flaxseeds oil or apply it topically.
– As it is rich in omega 3 and all essential micronutrients, hair growth is promoted.
– Add flaxseeds oil to your coconut oil or apply it directly.
(3) Flaxseeds oil works as an detoxification agent for the body.
– Flaxseed oil is rich in fiber which helps in removing toxins from the body.
– 1 tsp of flaxseed oil early in the morning will work as an excellent detoxifier.
(4) Flaxseeds oil helps in giving smooth skin.
– It works as an excellent moisturizer which works on dryness.
– Add 4-5 drops in your facial oil or vitamin oil and apply it before bedtime for smooth skin.
(5) Flaxseeds oil helps in giving smooth lips.
– Flaxseed oil works as an excellent lip balm.
– Combination of flaxseed and coconut oil together helps in good results.
– It reduces darkening of lips.
(6) Flaxseeds oil helps in getting rid of blemishes.
– Apply 5 drops of flaxseed oil on the blemishes before bed and leave it overnight.
– Apply it for 3 months to see visible effects.
(7) Flaxseeds oil helps in reducing dark circles.
– Apply 6-7 drops of flaxseed oil on your dark circle and keep it overnight.
– Apply it for 1 month to see visible effects.
Do not consume flaxseeds oil under following conditions:-
– Bleeding disorder ( Since it is a vasodilator- It might increase bleeding which can disrupt the healing process)
– Poly cystic ovarian syndrome.
Although lot of researches has been done on flaxseeds oil but there is no significant research done on the above 4 points hence it is better to avoid it.