The poisonous substance either enter the body by ingestion, touching harmful chemical substance or by injecting certain drugs into the body. These hazardous substance which can cause damage to health or even life threatening condition can attained. These poisonous substances they ingest inside body to commit suicide and dead.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF POISONING
The major symptoms of chemical poisoning are vomiting, nausea, headache, convulsions, abdominal pain, visual discomfort and finally death.
- Large quantity of water is given inside to the affected person or make him to induce vomiting by giving mustard mixed with one cup of warm water or by simply administering white portion of egg to him, the other method is to make him vomit by giving him universal antidote, thereby the poisonous substance comes outside the human body.
- Stomach is made to empty immediately without delay to get remove the poison from the body.
- When the person gets shock then give him warmness and also provide him artificial respiration when requires.
- If the poisoning is due to barbiturates, the symptoms are mental confusion, staggering gait, in coordination and drowsiness. If a very large dose is taken, the symptoms are pneumonia, respiratory paralysis, circulatory collapse and deep coma with cyanosis. In this case injecting ephedrine sulphate (50g) is given ten hour once, also on severe case one hour once picrotoxin injection to be administered, artificial respiration is most essential in this case, because breathing difficulty happens. Intravenous fluids are given to the patient.
- If the poison is due to organophosphorous compounds examples like malathion, parathion etc. The symptoms are diarrhea, sweating, constriction of pupils, difficulty in breathing, twitching of the muscles on face and neck, finally death arise due to respiratory and circulatory failure.The immediate treatment is must it include intramuscular injection of 2 mg atropine sulphate every hour until the signs of normality appear.oxygen inhalation, artificial respiration are essential, universal antidote has to be given, also stomach wash is must to remove those poisonous substance from the human body.
- If the poison is due to gas example carbon monoxide, then the victim is exposed to the gas, even in low concentration over a prolonged period of time leads to anoxemia (i.e.) lack of oxygen that can cause death. The symptoms of this case will be difficulty in breathing, skin turns cherry red in colour, and then the victim has to taken to the fresh air immediately without failure. The first and foremost thing to be done will be giving artificial respiration; the victim has to give inhalation of 5 percentage of carbondioxide in oxygen. The carbon dioxide stimulates respiration and facilitates the oxygen exchange in anoxic states.
Mostly these kinds of poisoning happens by accident or by purposely, giving immediate care and providing necessary steps to make the patient to breath properly. Don’t expect a medical professions help earlier, mostly an immediate first aid measures by known persons can save a persons life.The other way is if you find some person with this poisoning condition immediately call the emergency helpline in your local areas. Try to stay away from those hazardous substance from your home. If there any poisonous plants grown in your home unknowingly remove those outside. There are even some poisonous mushrooms which are not to be eaten, try avoiding those stuffs.
If you like my article kindly do share it with your friends and family members on social media, your comments and feedback on articles are most welcome, it improves our quality of work, thanks for taking time to read my article, if you like this article you would also like this article “Kaolin Clay- The Beauty Clay”- KAOLIN CLAY- THE COSMETIC CLAY .