Anxiety is cannot be given as a single term. Lot many things are being covered in this single term.
So, what does ANXIETY include?
- Excessive stress past 6 months
- Habit of getting worried very often in past 6 months
- Difficult to control worry
What are the possible symptoms of anxiety?
- Always on the edge
- Very restless
- Excessive tiredness
- Not able to concentrate on things
- Always irritated
- Severe muscle pain
- Very difficult to sleep
- Not able to concentrate on any specific work
Beginner’s workout for anxiety: –
Warm up: –
It is required to increase the pulse rate, heat up before the workout and get proper stretch. No exercise session should start without warm up. The muscles which are not heated up are usually more easily injured.
Here is the first exercise to start with!
(1) Head rolls
- Do this exercise while you are standing.
- You should place your feet.
- Spread your feet’s
- Start rolling your head in clockwise and anticlockwise direction.
- Rotate your head back. Tuck your chin in.
(2) Shoulder lifts
- Lift your right shoulder up for one count
- Lift your left shoulder up for one count
- Repeat right and left shoulder lifts
- Start with 8 counts
(3) Side stretches
- Inhale and open arms to side
- Take it up to shoulders
- Continue lifting it to your head
- Repeat the same procedure for about 10 counts
- Breath normally
(4) Waist reaches
- Pull outwards and directly to the side
- Keep your left arm near your thighs
- Stretch yourself and repeat the entire procedure with the left side
(5) Hamstring stretches
- Take your arms to the side
- Bend towards your feet
- Keeping your arms at side, try bending forward.
- Repeat the count for about 10 counts.
What are the health benefits of exercises apart from anxiety?
Regular exercises help in improving the overall health and preventing different illness.
Here are some benefits of regular exercises: –
- Lot of stiffness and pain in arthritis can reduce your activity but everyday exercises can improve your stiffness.
- Walking helps maintaining ideal weight which prevents many diseases like cancer as well!
- Regular exercise can reduce the risk of coronary artery disease which helps in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system. It keeps your cholesterol and blood pressure well in control.
- Regular exercise can help in fighting against depression. It can help in releasing stress and curb anxiety as well.
- It helps in keeping your blood sugar levels in control.
How many calories do you burn while doing different activities?
*This chart gives you estimated number of calories burnt.
|Calories burnt for 40-60 kg person||Calories burnt for
70-90 kg person
|Calories burnt for 90-150 kg person|
It is very important to check your exertion scale while you do any of these activities.
How to check your exertion scale?
Rate yourself from the following parameter.
1.Nothing at all
What is the proper technique to use while you are walking?
- Keep your head high
- Ease out your shoulders and let it move
- Swing your arms in natural motion
- Focus your eyes
- Keep your chin in parallel to the ground
- Tighten up your stomach muscles
- Tuck in your glutes
- Keep your feet parallel to the shoulder.
- Wear proper shoes while you work
What are the safety tips which needs to be taken care before exercising our going out for walk?
- Carry an identity card with you which has your name, your address where you stay, friend’s or relative’s phone number, your blood group with your medical information and tie it to a safe place.
- Wear an additional bracelet if you have diabetes and any specific allergies
- Use proper footwear, do not slip.
- Carry your mobile phone with emergency numbers on the dial
- Do not wear any expensive jewelry
- Make sure your family knows where you are going for your exercise
- Try to be in touch with the greenery, walk on grass
- Stay alert
- Don’t wear headphones or if you a are wearing make sure you are able to hear the sound in the surrounding.
- Carry your water bottle, keep yourself hydrated
- Carry torch with you if you are going for exercise at night
What should be the plan to start the exercise?
- 5 mins of warm up
- 5 mins of full body stretches
- Exercise for 25 mins
- Cool down exercises for 5 minutes
Please note- The above schedule is for the beginners and you can go up with the exercise timings depending upon your level of progress. It is extremely important to track your progress. Always record the number of minutes you have worked out.
You can track your activities using pedometer which is very easy to read, can be used easily in outdoor lighting
If you get any injury while working out, please consult your doctor as soon as possible.