According to Ayurveda, excess of heat in the body can lead to headache which means your pitta dosha is aggravated. It is still the most common symptom of most of the diseases.
Working population in today’s world is hit hard by headache.
People mostly self manage headache pains but sometimes it is just not headache. It could be an alarming sign for some other thing. If any of the following things is happening to you, consult your doctor soon!
- Headache for people with age above 65 years
- Headache with dizziness or weakness
- Headache with excess vomiting for more than a day.
- Headache with ear pain
- Headache with neck pain
Here are some natural ways to deal with headache if it is just another HEADACHE.
(1) Choose your foods well.
- There are many foods which can trigger migraine like coffee, tea, chocolates, eggs.
- If occurrence of headache is quite common for you then check out for these foods and try to avoid them in your routine if this triggers your headache.
(2) Managing your stress levels
- Everybody in this world is under some kind of stress. Your life can never be stress free, that is not in your hands.
- But managing that is in your hands
- Try meditating for 5 minutes everyday before bed.
- Scan your body at least once everyday so that you can listen to your body and solve its water.
- Take a glass of chamomile tea before bed which will give you calm and soothing effect.
- Switch of your gadgets at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Try sitting in dim light after 10 pm.
- Apply an ice pack to your calves to calm them down and give them relaxation.
(3) Get rid of dehydration
- Lack of water can lead to headache.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Drink at least 13-14 big glasses everyday.
- Try to have room temperature water most of the times so that you can drink more water easily.
(4) Avoid change in temperatures throughout the day
- Most of the people in the working world keep moving from air conditioned temperature to high temperature in and out throughout the day.
- Frequent change in temperature can trigger migraines.
- Prepare your body and sit in room temperature for a while before shifting your temperature.
(5) Exercise regularly
- Exercising regularly will help you relieve your stress
- It helps the fresh oxygen to reach the brain which can calm you down
(6) Include these super foods in your diet!
- Include ginger- It helps in reducing the inflammation. Mix 1 tsp of ginger juice + 1 tsp of lemon juice and have it once a day if you get frequent headaches. If the headache is extreme, apply ginger paste on the forehead to get some relief.
- Include Pudina juice- 1 glass of pudina juice everyday will help in reducing the occurrence of headache.
- Massage your forehead with a mixture of peppermint oil and almond oil during severe headaches.
- Inhale lavender oil everyday to avoid migraine/headache triggers.
- Include tulsi juice in your diet everyday with 1 tsp of lemon juice to reduce the frequency of headaches.
If headaches are beyond a tolerable limit, visit your physician as soon as possible.