Controversies, controversies and more controversies.
Latest victim of these controversies is FOOD!
Pick up one food per day and start creating myths about them.
One such controversial food is GHEE.
I still remember, during my childhood my mom used to top up my dal with ghee on it.
Whenever i used to fall sick, some porridge made in ghee was made specially when i had cold!
Growing up with eating this, i certainly am very strong- powerful-healthy and with an excellent immunity!
Then where did the FAD come in from? With half knowledge and half information.
It gives us a culinary pleasure with so many benefits!
So what are the FADS or MYTHS related to ghee?
- Its bad for health
- It contains a lot of fat
- It increases cholesterol levels
- It will make you gain weight
- It is going to affect your heart
As far as heart health is related, American association says that ghee has less than 7% of saturated fatty acids which doesn’t affect your heart health in any terms!
Why should you add ghee in your daily routine?
- Its vice versa, ghee actually helps in getting your high cholesterol levels down and reduces your triglyceride levels as well!
- Load on the liver decreases. Formation of fatty acids are less.
- The harmful toxins which take part in atherogenesis (This is an arterial wall disorder)
- It helps in protecting against atherosclerosis.
- It helps in formation of good fatty acids- Oleic acid to be precise.
- It is lactose free (Lactose is a sugar which is found in milk)
- It is casein free (Casein is a protein which is found in dairy products)
- It is a very heat stable fat, it can be used very easily for cooking!
- When you consume it, the bio availability of vitamin A increases which you usually get it from different foods!
- This contains CLA also known as conjugated linolenic acid which is a good fat!
- The ghee which usually from grass fed cows also consist of vitamin K (This vitamin is extremely important for blood coagulation in the human body) which is a very rare vitamin. It is not easily found in other varieties of foods.
- Ghee doesn’t get spoiled easily, it has a longer shelf life!
- It helps in strengthening your immune system.
- It helps in better digestion
- It helps in keeping your digestive tract healthy
- It has anti inflammatory properties.
- It has anti cancerous properties.
- It gives you a satiety value.
- It triggers your happy hormones.
How to use ghee in your routine?
- Mix it with your spices to reap out all the medicinal benefits from the spices as well this.
It can last for about 2-3 months if it is kept in an airtight containers.
Please don’t be scared of ghee! The myths roaming around are just myths. The actual fact lies in the n- number of benefits provided by ghee!
So feel free to put it on your bowl of dal or your parathas or your chapatis or in any of the porridge!
You can share this article with your family and friends.You can read another article here ( Different types of milk which you can include in your diet! ).