Haldi milk is referred as the golden milk, it is highly recommended during cough and cold attacks. From the ancient period to till now it is widely used, wherelse in abroad the usage of this golden milk started lately after recognizing the power of haldi milk. Turmeric is found in all times in India and when there is a need comes why we can’t try of having haldi milk and stay protected. If you intake this golden milk you can treat effectively from three health issues they are, cold, cough and fever. So for all the three health issues haldi milk gives a solution. So let’s try to include it in our menu and stay nourished and get protected. If we start realizing the benefits of haldi milk in our daily health usage we would not stop using this excellent golden milk in our diet.
Recipe for Golden Milk
For this golden milk recipe you need to prepare the paste first and then you can add to it milk of your favourite option. So initially to prepare paste you need the following ingredients, they are:
Clean water-1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 cup
Black pepper-1/2 teaspoon
- Take a pan, to it add water and then add turmeric powder and allow it to boil in a medium heat flame.
- In the flame let it is simmered for seven minutes.
- Keep stirring it continuously.
- Now at some point it would begin to come in paste consistency, now switch off flame.
- Allow it to cool. Now take the paste and store it in an airtight container, place it on fridge.
- You can use this paste for three week period, till that the paste remains in good condition without spoil.
For milk preparation
- Now you can take ½ teaspoon of the paste, along this add the milk of your choice, it should be one glass in measure.
- Best is to take this paste along with coconut or almond milk.
- To add you can add organic honey or cinnamon powder a few amount and stir well, then drink it.
- Now your favourite healthy drink golden milk is ready to be served.
Mechanism of action behind the golden milk
Turmeric has excellent immune boosting property, it boosts the vitality and the allergens affecting body is lowered. For fortification of the milk add one teaspoon of coconut with the golden milk, it has much beneficial usage. Our immune system’s automatic response to any infection is termed as fever in simple. Our brains part named hypothalamus only controls the body temperature. Pyrogens are the fever causing substances that give signal to hypothalamus to rise in body temperature. Which leads to shivering, then more heat in body is produced.
Curcuminoids are the active ingredient of turmeric. This has much pharmacological uses. Curcumin has the anti-inflammatory effect and analgesic activity that makes this effective in fighting away infectious conditions like cold, cough and fever. It is considered as the safer alternative to NSAIDS and thus helping out in treating fever effectively. It has the power to change the immune responses in the body. When any infection occurs this turmeric helps in release of inflammatory mediators thus boosting up the immune system of human body thereby helping out in combating cold, cough and flu microbes and protecting our body from these infection.
If you like reading my article kindly share it on social media, thanks for your constant support.You can read another article here ( HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAISINS ).