Matcha tea is getting very popular in past few days because of its health benefits!
Matcha or maccha is a very fine green tea powder. It is basically an organic green tea which was used as a part of Japanese tea ceremony for many years. Buddhist monks believed that this a wonder tea which enhances metabolism and makes you feel better and also increases your concentration power.
Matcha is a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin C and Vitamin B complex.
Health benefits of matcha tea are as follows:-
(1) It strengthens your immune system
- It is a good source of antioxidants which helps in building up your immunity.
- It is a good source of polyphenols.
- It has a very high amount of EGCG- Epigallocatechin gallate in tea which is a type of catechin.
- It reduces the antioxidant stress.
(2) It helps in controlling the blood glucose levels
- It improves insulin resistance.
- It protects the liver from getting damaged because of high glucose levels
- It protects the kidney from getting damaged because of high glucose levels
(3) It helps in maintaining cardiovascular health
- EGCG- Epigallocatechin gallate which is present in matcha leaves helps in maintaining cardiac health.
- It helps in lowering the bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol in the body.
(4) It increases the energy levels in the body
- This is different from usual green tea. The antioxidants present in the tea helps in giving a adrenaline rush!
- This is an excellent pre workout supplement composition
(5) It increases alertness and gives your mind a soothing feeling
- It has calming effect
- There is a unique amino acid which is present in matcha green tea which helps in boosting the alpha waves in the brain.
- These alpha waves helps in giving relaxing effect
- This helped Buddhist monks meditate well and it increased their concentration
- Theanine, an unique amino acid provides alerting effect.
(6) It helps in boosting immunity
- It helps you fight against infections bacterial, fungal and viral.
- It works in a very effective way against herpes, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, Candida yeast.
- Herpes is a reactivation of chicken pox. It can be prevented through vaccination but it is usually very painful.
(7) It helps in protecting the body against HIV virus
- It protects the body from HIV virus which can cause AIDS
- If your body hit by HIV virus, consumption of matcha tea will protect the brain against it.
(8) It helps in maintaining gastrointestinal health
- It helps in releasing constipation.
- Fecal formation is accelerated.
- It protects the stomach against toxins.
Precautions before using matcha tea:-
- Caffeine in matcha green tea might cause allergic reactions
- Excess consumption might cause diarrhea, IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome)
- It has various drug interactions. Please ask your doctor before consuming this tea.
- For using it therapeutically, always consult your general practitioner for your dosage.
- There are no researches done for the consumption of matcha tea during pregnancy and lactation. Ask your doctor before consuming it.
- It is an overall excellent form of green tea which can be consumed by the healthy population!