The cases with dengue and chikungunya has taken a front seat these days! Every third patient is suffering from either of this. Doctors are working 24 into 7 for serving their patients. Dengue and chikungunya is not something which is normal, it can be a life threatening disease if it is not managed well.
It is always said, prevention is always better than cure. It saves you from lot of things. It saves you from suffering with the symptoms, it saves you from popping up medicines and on the top it saves you a lot of treatment money!
Note:- These remedies can be taken by people suffering from either of dengue and chikungunya diseases along with their medical treatment suggested by their general practitioner.
So, what are the symptoms of dengue and chikungunya?
Dengue and chikungunya are two different diseases but their symptoms are more or less the same!
- Body pain.
- High fever with different grades
- Severe headache
- Severe backache
- Severe eye pain, eye soreness, eye redness
- Severe joint pain
- Odd spots all over the skin
- Severe vertigo
- Anorexia ( Loss of appetite)
You might have heard that people are dying because of dengue but that is certainly not the case. People can die only under extreme conditions where they dont get initial help or dengue has caused severe hemorrhage or it has affected the liver or it has dropped the blood pressure or pulse rate or severe drop in the platelets.
The most important thing which needs to be taken care of during dengue is- Immediate immunity boost during 1st 4 days of dengue diagnosis.
Remedies to deal with dengue and chikungunya:-
- Scientific name of giloy :- Tinospora cordifolia)
- This is a very powerful herb which works in fighting against these diseases.
- These leaves are heart shaped.
- Take few leaves and add it in 1 liter of water and boil it.
- Reduce this to half and make a concoction out of it.
- You can take around 2 tsp. in every 2 hours.
- It keeps your blood pressure in check and doesn’t let it fall.
- It works on increasing your platelet counts which are worst affected during dengue
- It helps in controlling your pulse rate
However, the symptoms are similar in dengue and chikungunya, but a little extra care has to be taken during chikungunya.
The concoction mentioned above has to be taken every 1 hour along with chandraprabhavati which is another ayurvedic herb available in the capsule form.
There are other things in terms of your diet which has to be taken care of during these cases.
- Add pomegranate in the form of fruits and juices in your diet
- Include papaya as a fruit. Papaya leaf extract also does wonders in increasing your platelet count!
- You can also include 2 glass of wheat grass juices in your routine
- Keep yourself hydrated. At least try to include up-to 3 liters per day.
- Go light on your diet, avoid spicy food stuffs.
- Stretch yourself.
- Avoid visiting crowded places.
- Protect yourself from mosquitos. Try using mosquito repellents or lotions and keep applying it at short intervals.
You can share this article with your family and friends.You can read our another article here ( Supplements for fighting cancer! ).