Sleep is a vital part of our lives. We need sleep to refresh and make ourselves fit and charged to face a brand-new day. Sleep is essential to heal our body. Our body repairs itself during the sleep. We wake up feeling re-energized. But the hectic schedule of the people in the modern day are making them prone to multiple sleep disorders. These sleep disorders alter their sleeping pattern, and make them unable to have a good night sleep. As a result, the people are lethargic during the day, and unable to give their best to the work they do. Human body needs rest to revitalize itself. And sleep is the way to give your body the proper rest it deserves. The failure to do so results in multiple diseases, and disorders that affect your life majorly. Some of the examples of the sleep disorders are insomnia, parasomnia, sleep apnea, and restless leg syndrome.
The lifestyle of the people today, is pushing them towards the deep end of restlessness, and agitated bodies. This lifestyle leads to the origination of multiple sleep disorders, which are damaging for you, and your health. Here, lets take a look at some of the causes, and symptoms of the sleep disorders.
Common causes of sleep disorders:
- Respiratory problems. The people who suffer some kind of allergy or respiratory problem are tend to face difficulties falling asleep, or staying asleep. Snoring is a major problem in the people who have some kind of respiratory disorder.
- Presence of chronic pain. The continuous feeling of the pain makes it extremely difficult to sleep, and give your body some rest. The chronic pain may include the lower back pain, migrane, arthritis, and other body pains.
- Stress. When you are suffering from stress, it is nearly impossible for your body to slow down and take the crucially needed rest. Stressful situations overwhelm your mind, and body, which makes it difficult for you to have some sleep.
Symptoms of the sleep disorders
- Fatigued during the day hours. The people suffering from he sleep disorders are usually fatigued during the day time, because they have not rested enough during the night, in the absence of the sound sleep.
- Difficulty in falling asleep, or staying asleep. The people find it difficult to sleep, when they are suffering from any sleep disorder. If they get themselves to sleep, they may find that it is difficult for them to stay asleep. Even the slightest of the noises may wake them up.
- Lack of concentration. When your body and mind is not properly rested, it is difficult to concentrate, and work properly. The concentration power is decreased, and the quality of your work is compromised.
- Feeling sleepy during the day. The people with sleep disorders feel really sleepy during the daytime. They do not get proper sleep and rest at the night, and that’s why they constantly feel like taking a nap during the day.
- Feeling irritated. The lack of the sleep can make anyone feel irritated, and anxious. You easily get irritated over the simplest of the problems. You feel anxious, and fidgety as a result of this.
You can share this with your friends on social media.You can read another article here ( Love a specific yoga pose? This is what it says about you! ).