Analyzing your body and paying attention to everything related to your body is very important!
Including your urine and poop!
I know many of us think that these are waste materials of the body and ultimately going out of the body, then why should we pay attention to that!
Well, your waste materials depict your health status!
How often do you go to pee? Do you check your urine color?
If you don;t ask these questions to yourself, you must start asking!
What is urine?
- It is body’s waste product in liquid form.
What does urine made up off?
- It is made up of water, salt, urea and uric acid.
How is urine formed?
- Kidney forms urine by flushing out toxins and waste products from the blood out of the body.
There are lot of factors which affects the color of urine.
The color of urine determines your health status. It can be affected by the kind of food you eat, if at all you are on any medication or you are not well.
Lets take a look at these points one by one.
Pale yellow is the ideal urine color.
Urine gets this color from 2 pigments which are produces by the body:-
Here are some indications if you have following urine color:-
- This shows over hydration.
- Over hydration leads to dilution of salts which leads to transparent color.
- This might intake dehydration.
- Liver problems (Excretion of major bile in the stools and rest of the remains in the urine)
- Your aloe rich diet might also cause brownish-yellow urine color
(3) Reddish- Yellow
- Diet rich in beetroots might cause reddish color.
- If the color remains the same for a weak, get yourself tested.
- This might indicate hematuria (Blood in the urine)
(4) Orangish- Yellow
- Diet rich in citrus foods might cause orangish-yellow color of the urine.
- Supplements rich in B12 might cause this color of urine.
- Some antibiotics might cause this color, that’s why you can see a urine color change during fever, severe cough and cold.
(5) Dark Yellow
- Extremely dehydrated. This is usually seen during 1st urine in the morning. It is advisable to drink 1 liter of water after waking up in the morning.
- Vitamin deficiency can also lead to dark yellow color of the urine.
- Diet rich in green leafy vegetables especially asparagus can lead to greenish color of urine.
- Sometimes urinary tract infections can also lead bluish green color of the urine.
(7) Cloudy or milk urine
- After paying attention to the color, if your urine is cloudy this might indicate some infection.
- Get in touch with your doctor at the earliest!
How often should you urinate?
- For an healthy individual, 8 times a day urination is ideal.
- If you are urinating less than this then please keep a check on your hydration history. You might be water deficient! It okay if you don;t feel thirsty, it is still better to keep sipping water.
- If you are urinating more than this then please keep a check on your over hydration. Excess urination can be a symptom of diabetes, urinary tract infection.
It is ideal to get your urine tested once in 6 months.
Please hydrate yourself well.
You can read my article on dehydration here ( Know more about dehydration! ).