Stretch marks are normal part of your life. It is very common when girls and boys hit their puberty. This bothers many youngsters because they do not understand about what is happening to their body.
Post pregnancy stretch marks are bound to happen. Even if a person is gaining weight or losing it drastically, stretch marks are seen.
Why do this stretch marks occur?
Tugging and stretching of skin causes this stretch marks. As mentioned, puberty and post pregnancy stretch marks are the most common ones. Apart from this, some corticosteroid medicines can causes stretch marks.
Here are some most common myths about stretch marks!
Myth: – Weight loss will help you in getting rid of stretch marks
Fact: – Rapid weight loss will make the stretch marks look more clearly because the skin becomes more elastic.
Myth: – Stretch marks can happen only to women
Fact: – Anyone can get stretch marks. Tugging and stretching of skin happens during puberty as well.
Myth: – You can never prevent stretch marks from coming.
Fact: – You can prevent stretch marks by keeping yourself hydrated and moisturizing your skin from time to time.
Here are some natural remedies which can help you in getting rid of stretch marks!
(1) Egg whites-
– This might sound strange but egg whites work better than any artificial stretch mark cream can.
– Take 2 egg whites and apply it on the stretch marks. Let it dry for 15 minutes and then wash with warm water. For best results, apply it thrice a week.
(2) Tea Tree oil-
– Not many people are aware but tea tree oil has some incredible benefits!
– Applying tea tree oil once a day on the stretch marks which will make these marks go light!
– Use it for one month to get visible effects!
(3) Cocoa butter and aloe paste-
– Make a paste of cocoa butter + aloe Vera+ Few drops of vitamin E oil and apply it once a day. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it.
– Do this for one month and see visible effects!
– Nutritional properties of these ingredients will help in reviving the skin.
It is always better to start early. During pregnancy, an expecting mother should start applying any of the options mentioned above so that the stretch marks does not become prominent post pregnancy.