Cabbage juice is so far the most widely used vegetable in the form of juice in India. It is a power packed vegetable with antioxidants, minerals, and all essential nutrients. The juice flavor is mild and readily accepted by all juice consumers!
What are the health benefits of consuming cabbage juice?
- Since the juice is loaded with antioxidants including vitamin E and Vitamin C it helps in improving skin health. Antioxidants help in flushing out free radicals in the body keeping your skin clear and keeps you away from wrinkles, blemishes, and acne.
- Cabbage juice works as a diuretic which helps in flushing out toxins from your body. It helps in keeping your liver and kidney health.
- Since it is low in calories, it can be used as a weight loss juice! This can be a part of your daily routine. It is not only less in calories but it is also nutrient dense.
- Since it is a very rich of vitamin C, helps in boosting immunity and fight against infections!
- It helps in lowering bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol in the body.
- It helps in giving relief from acidity. It reduces the stomach acid levels. It reduces the occurrence of stomach ulcers. There are some studies which were carried out where the subjects were with peptic ulcers were given 4 cups of cabbage juice per day for 2 weeks without any medications and they had shown drastic improvement! Please consult your doctor before adding or reducing any medicines in your diet with any such medical conditions.
- It enhances brain function, increases alertness and gives you a calming effect.
- It helps in enhancing thyroid function because of its Iodine content. It helps in lowering the dose of your medicine if you are suffering from hypothyroidism. Consult your endocrinologist before reducing your dose.
- It helps in protecting against carcinogens which can cause cancer.
- It is an excellent home remedy for reducing high blood pressure. 2 cups of cabbage juice per day can help you in reducing the blood pressure medicine.
- It helps in improving your cardiac health.
What are the side effects of cabbage juice which is important for you to know before consuming it?
Overdoing anything is bad, even good things!
Cabbage juice has very few side effects but it is important to know before introducing anything into your routine!
- It might cause bloating and flatulence
- It might cause gut inflammation
- It might cause IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome)
- It is always good to try a small amount of cabbage juice before starting with large amounts.
- Check for any issues and go ahead with it!
How to make cabbage juice?
- Take a vessel, add water in a small pot for 30 minutes.
- Let it boil.
- Add 1 apple, 1 tbsp of spinach leaves, 1 chopped carrot, 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Add it to the vessel and mix well.
- Let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled mixture to a mixture and blend it.
- Let it cool.
- Serve it with some masala add on’s!
Take care of your health, that’s the most important thing!
You can read another article here ( Know more about matcha tea! ).
Know more about benefits of cabbage juice