About 15% of the world population, that is 1 Billion people are affected by the Migraine. According to WHO, it is among the 20 most disabling medical conditions world wide. Women have 3x more chances to get Migraine. Following migraine home remedies in this article will help you get rid of migraine instantly and permanently. Lets, first understand what migraine is?
What is Migraine?
People take migraine as just an another headache but it is not true. It is a neurological condition. Migraine is of two types aura and without aura. An aura is visual disturbance which occurs every 5 to 60 minutes before a headache begins.
Some important facts about Migraine :
- People are likely to have more chances of suffering if they have any family history of Migraine.
- Half of the victims experience first Migraine before the age of twelve.
- Women have more chance of Migraine then men.
Symptoms of Migraine-
The most common symptoms of Migraine are :
- Recurring headache which may end from 4 to 72 hours.
- Extreme one sided headache.
- Vomiting and Nausea.
- Sensitivity to light, sound and odors.
- Tired and weak
Causes of Migraine-
The exact cause of Migraine is still unknown. Researches believe them to be linked to imbalances in serotonin(a chemical in brain ). Some genetic and environmental factors are also considered responsible for Migraine. The following are possible triggers for Migraine :
- Loud noises
- Irregular sleep.
- Harmonal changes in women
- Skipping meals.
Migraine Home remedies-
These migraine remedies will give you relief in Migraine quickly. These are :
- ICE PACK
Ice pack is one of the most effective home remedy to get rid of migraine headaches. Wrap few Ice cubes in a towel and place it in your temples,forehead or the back of your neck for about 15-20 minutes. Repeat if needed.
Peppermint has a very calming and relaxing effect. Its anti-inflammatory property helps relaxing the nerves. The fragrance of this herb induces the feeling associated with headache relief.
How to use ?
- Drink peppermint tea with one tablespoon of honey.
- Massage each temple with peppermint essential oil. You can also use blend of lavender and peppermint oil. Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper contains a compound called Capsaicin which works as natural painkiller. It is great home remedy for migraine as it regulates and improves blood flow.
How to use :
- Add one and half spoon cayenne pepper in one cup of warm water.
- Add honey and lemon juice to make it more effective.
Ginger is most effective among all remedies in treating common migraines. It impact harmones and regulate inflammation in blood vessels in the brain
How to use :
- Drink ginger tea 3 to 4 times a day to get relief.
- Simply chew the raw ginger to treat the problem.
- Himalayan Salt
Himalayan salt is another effective remedy for curing migraine. Add two table spoon of Himalayan sea salt in a cup of water and add one whole lemon (juiced ). Mix them properly and drink. It will give you instant relief.