Asthma is a respiratory disease in which frequent attacks of the lung, it causes difficulty in breathing. Usually, it occurs due to hypersensitivity or an allergic condition persons. Thus narrowing of the lung airways occurs and which may lead to a cough, wheeze, and shortness of breath. Around 180 million people in worldwide get affected by this respiratory disease. Approximately 180,000 persons in globally have lost their life due to this respiratory disease asthma.
Types of Asthma
• Occupational asthma
• Aspirin-induced asthma
• Alcohol-induced asthma
• Non- allergic asthma
• Exercise-induced asthma
• Allergic asthma
• Bronchial asthma
• Chest x-ray
• Peak flow meter
• A single test done for diagnosis doesn’t confirm the onset of asthma attacks. The spirometer is the best method in asthma diagnosing.
May have some or all of the following:
1. Previous history
2. Difficulty in breathing
4. Difficulty in talking full sentences
5. Increased breathing rate.
Treating in emergency conditions-
• Keep calm and reassure the casualty. Get them to use their inhaler.
• Let them adopt the position they find comfortable. Do not make the casualty lie down.
• Mild attacks should ease within minutes, if not ask the casualty to use their inhaler again.
• Call the ambulance and take the person to the hospital at the earliest if the symptom gets worse.
• If the casualty becomes unresponsive, open the airway and check breathing.
• If the casualty is breathing, place them in the recovery position. Monitor breathing and level of response until help arrives.
• If the casualty is not breathing, begin resuscitation.
• Once the airway is open, check the casualty’s breathing.
• Place your cheeks above the casualty’s mouth/ nose.
• Listen, look and feel of breathing.
• If asthma worsens the circulatory system, thereby heartbeat gets stopped means try the CPR method to make your heart beat.
• Perform 30 chest compression’s using both hands
• Kneel beside casualty.
• Leaning over the casualty, press straight down to five to six centimeter keeping elbows straight.
• Release pressure fully, but do not take hands off the chest.
• Give 30 chest compression’s, at a rate of 100-120 compressions per minute.
• Ensure the airway is open
• Take a breath; place your mouth over the casualty’s mouth, making a good seal.
• Breathe steadily into the casualty’s mouth for one second. Watch the chest rise.
• After this process the patient starts to open eye, thus breath pattern becomes normal and ease.
• Using nebulizer beta-agonist medication to be given.
• In severe case try to administer this beta-agonist through injections.
• Beta-agonist medication in the form of either terbutaline or epinephrine should be given.
Thus immediate attention is must in a severe case of asthma condition. This is a respiratory disease after circulation; respiration is essential to survive so both are equally to be considered important function and paid attention to effective treatment methods at the earliest to cure asthmatic conditions.
If you like my article kindly do share it with your friends and family members on social media, your comments and feedback on articles are most welcome, it improves our quality of work, thanks for taking time to read my article, if you like this article you would also like this article “ EMERGENCY TREATMENT IN FRACTURES ”.