Have you ever experienced heaviness in your body after getting up in the morning or after a stressful day or after eating something heavy?
This heaviness could be BLOATING.
What is bloating?
- Bloating is an abnormal gassy swelling of the body which marginally increases the surface of the stomach which causes uneasiness.
Earlier, bloating was occasional. This was either a major complaint from the people who were sick or going through a major stress. Nowadays every other person is having this issue. It is even more common than cold and cough these days!
Why is the issue of bloating increasing in today’s generation?
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Junk food
- Processed food
- Fried food
- No exercise
- No activity
- Improper sleep
- Improper food habits
- Spicy, salty food
- High-stress levels
- Eating too fast which leads to gulping of air
- Eating excess chewing gums
- Excess consumption of aerated drinks
- Consumption of hydrogenated fats
The good news is this, that in spite of all these causes we have some great super foods that can help you in dealing with your bloating uneasiness!
(1) Consumption of coconut water
- 1 glass of coconut water health benefits is that it has a lot of electrolytes.
- It contains electrolytes like calcium, chloride, potassium to be precise.
- It also helps in flushing out toxins from the body.
- It also helps in flushing out excess sodium from the body which helps in easing out bloating.
- It is advised to consume one-two glasses of coconut water every day
Note:– People who are suffering from diabetes are advised to consume a lesser quantity of coconut water and check their sugars in 2 hours. If the sugar reading didn’t have a major spike, you can continue having it and if you see the spike you can reduce the quantity even more and then check again!
(2) Eat bananas every day!
- It is very commonly known that banana is a very good source of potassium.
- Consumption of potassium-rich foods does not allow the sodium to accumulate in the body, as a result, bloating issue decreases.
- It increases the overall discomfort in the body.
- You can say this that banana is a nutrient power packed fruit!
Note:– People who are suffering from diabetes are advised to consume 1 banana at a time and check their sugars in 2 hours. If the sugar reading didn’t have a major spike, you can continue having the whole banana and if you see the spike you can reduce the quantity even more and then check again!
(3) Include garlic in your diet!
- It stimulates the healthy functioning of digestive system and helps in relieving bloating.
- Crushing and having garlic every day in the morning is very beneficial for getting faster relief from bloating.
- Try to have raw garlic as much as possible. Clubbing it with other foods might give a reverse effect.
(4) 1 tbsp of fennel seeds (Saunf) every day, keeps bloating away!
- It is so far the easiest food to reach out too!
- It stimulates healthy functioning of digestive system
- Terpenoid anethole is the active component in fennel seeds (Saunf) which helps in relieving bloating.
(5) Include 1 cup of yogurt every day!
- Probiotics in yogurt help in the growth of gut microflora which helps in maintaining digestive health!
- Probiotic supplements are also available!
You can share this article with your friends on social media.you can read another article here ( Bored with your breakfast options? Try out these healthy smoothie bowls! ).