According to Ayurveda, the excess of heat in the body can lead to a headache which means your pitta dosha is aggravated. It is still the most common symptom of most of the diseases.
Working population in today’s world is hit hard by a headache.
People mostly self-manage headache pains but sometimes it is just not a headache. It could be an alarming sign for some other thing. If any of the following things are happening to you, consult your doctor soon!
- A headache for people with age above 65 years
- A headache of dizziness or weakness
- A headache with excess vomiting for more than a day.
- A headache with ear pain
- A headache with neck pain
Here are some natural ways to deal with a headache if it is just another HEADACHE.
(1) Choose your foods well.
- There are many foods which can trigger a migraine like coffee, tea, chocolates, eggs.
- If an occurrence of a headache is quite common for you then check out for these foods and try to avoid them in your routine if this triggers your headache.
(2) Managing your stress levels
- Everybody in this world is under some kind of stress. Your life can never be stress-free, that is not in your hands.
- But managing that is in your hands
- Try meditation for 5 minutes every day before bed.
- Scan your body at least once every day so that you can listen to your body and solve its water.
- Take a glass of chamomile tea before bed which will give you calm and soothing effect.
- A switch of your gadgets at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Try sitting in dim light after 10 pm.
- Apply an ice pack to your calves to calm them down and give them relaxation.
(3) Get rid of dehydration
- Lack of water can lead to a headache.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Drink at least 13-14 big glasses every day.
- Try to have room temperature water most of the times so that you can drink more water easily.
(4) Avoid change in temperatures throughout the day
- Most of the people in the working world keep moving from air conditioned temperature to high temperature in and out throughout the day.
- Frequent change in temperature can trigger migraines.
- Prepare your body and sit at room temperature for a while before shifting your temperature.
(5) Exercise regularly
- Exercising regularly will help you relieve your stress
- It helps the fresh oxygen to reach the brain which can calm you down
(6) Include these super foods in your diet!
- Include ginger- It helps in reducing the inflammation. Mix 1 tsp of ginger juice + 1 tsp of lemon juice and have it once a day if you get frequent headaches. If a headache is extreme, apply the ginger paste on the forehead to get some relief.
- Include Pudina juice- 1 glass of pudina juice every day will help in reducing the occurrence of a headache.
- Massage your forehead with a mixture of peppermint oil and almond oil during severe headaches.
- Inhale lavender oil every day to avoid migraine/headache triggers.
- Include tulsi juice in your diet every day with 1 tsp of lemon juice to reduce the frequency of headaches.
If headaches are beyond a tolerable limit, visit your physician as soon as possible.