Headaches are so common in the world of gadgets!
I myself had severe headache which was because of over exposure to laptops.
I was struggling with it for almost a week before i started inculcating natural remedies in my routine.
Before i give you remedies, let me explain your about types of headache.
- Primary headaches
- secondary headaches
- cranial neuralgia, facial pain and other headaches.
- This includes migraine, tension and cluster headaches.
- Tension headaches are quite common among women than men.
- Migraine headaches are less common as compared to tension headaches.
- Pre-puberty- Boys are commonly affected and post puberty- Girls are commonly affected.
- Cluster headaches are a rare type of headache which hardly affects any population.
- Caused due to structural problem in head or neck.
- It can be caused because of hemorrhage in brain or tumor or meningitis or encephalitis
Cranial neuralgia, facial pain and other headaches:-
- Neuralgia means nerve pain.
- This category includes pain the head because of inflammation in the nerves.
What are the types of migraine?
(1) Sinus migraine
- Unable to breathe can cause headaches
- Inhale eucalyptus oil (You can take it in the form of steam as well)
(2) Pediatric migraine
- Migraine in kids is rare and even difficult to diagnose.
- Getting into counselling can help in proper diagnosis.
(3) Vertigo migraine
- Giddiness is the most common symptom.
- Physiotherapy can help in improving the conditions.
(4) Chronic migraine
- If headaches continue for more than 3 months, it is called as chronic migraine
- Common in post menopausal women and people who use gadgets in excess.
Symptoms of headaches:-
- Pain in the back of head and upper neck (Tightness)
- Pressure which surrounds head with intense pressure on eyebrows.
- Mild pain either in the entire head or half headaches.
Remedies for headaches (Including migraine) :-
- Identify the cause and do not pop up painkillers.
- Simple eye exercises like blinking, moving the eyes in clockwise and anticlockwise direction
- Eye packs- Dip cotton balls in cold water + Rose water (4 drops)
- Eat 5 black raisins + 1 tsp of white sesame seeds.
- For hangovers:- 1 tomato + celery juice
- 1 cup Green tea + 2 prunes
- Apply cinnamon powder on forehead for instant relief from headache
- Put 3 drops peppermint oil on handkerchief and keep sniffing it for instant headache relief.
- Get the right dose of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 glass of cold milk helps in giving relief from acidity induced headache.
- 2 bananas a day will keep your headaches at bay.
- Apply ginger paste on side of temples and take steam.
- Cold compression for headaches.
Common supplements which can help in dealing with headaches :-
- Coenzyme Q10
- Gingko biloba
- Vitamin B6
- Omega 3 fatty acids