Gotu kola herb has wonderful properties of healing and thus it plays a wider role in therapeutics. It has huge antioxidant properties. To increase your longevity and mental wellness this Gotu Kola is used extensively. This is one of the precious herb that Ayurveda has given us. Indians noticed that elephants which eat this gotu kola widely lived longer and healthy. Hence after noticing this health benefits this herb is considered as life span expander, by promoting longer life. This is a nervine herb which helps in healing the nervous problems easily. This Gotu kola herb is found widely in Asia, north and South America, Africa, China, Australia, India, Madagascar and Indonesia. It grows in paddy fields, ponds and lakes. The available forms of this herb is powder, liquid extract, tablets, teas, capsules, creams, intramuscular injections and in tinctures. The dried gotu kola herb can be used for many years when kept stored in air tight containers and then keep it for future usage.
Various uses of Gotu kola
- Heart disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Improving memory and concentration power
- Cellulite breakdown
- Nervous disorders
- Relief from fatigue
- Increasing sex drive
- Multiple sclerosis
- Skin ulcers
- Wound healing
- Post operative scarring
- Stimulates CNS
THE HEALING PROPERTIES OF GOTU KOLA
- Nervous disorders – The Gotu kola is a nervine herb that helps in treating nervous disorders completely. Nervous problems like epilepsy, senility, premature aging and insomnia.This herb is named as brain tonic; it strengthens the adrenal glands and also increases the memory power and intelligence.
- Congestive heart failure- Gotu kola has huge antioxidant properties, thereby helping in treating congestive heart failure condition effectively.
- Rheumatism- This nervine herb is as effective herb, hence used widely in treating rheumatism.
- Hypertension- This herb rebuilds the energy stores and thus helps in reducing the blood pressure.
- Varicose vein- Skin impurities are removed by using this herb, thus it cleanses the blood and helps in treating varicose vein effectively.
- Ulcers- This herb strengthens the gastrointestinal tract lining and thereby helping on healing stomach and skin ulcers.
- Depression- This herb acts as neuro tonic and enriched with magnesium , selenium, zinc. It stimulates the central nervous system and helps in promoting happiness and removes the stress.
- Leprosy- The anti-bacterial properties of gotu kola help in treating leprosy by healing sores well.
- Weight loss-If you want to reduce the unwanted fat and cellulite from your body, and then try using this amazing herb in teas and in drink forms. Since it is an anticelluite herb, it will help in reducing your weight naturally.
- Psoriasis-It helps in treating dryness in scalp and rashes, reduces the redness and itching, thus psoriasis is treated well with this herb.
- Stretch marks– This Herb stimulates the collagen and thus helps in improving circulation of blood and thus stretch marks are reduced. Try gotu kola along with onion juice or with vitamin-E to get good results fastly.
- Cancer-Your skin can be protected from cancer formation, sun burn, tan due to UV exposure all may leads to skin cancer, on using internally this gotu kola it helps in preventing the occurrence of cancer.
- Acne and Dermatitis- Acne makes you appear dull look and diminishes your confidence level, when taking 1-3 ounces of gotu kola daily can get treated with this acne and dermatitis effectively at home naturally without any side effects.
- Aging- This herb has the anti-aging properties, it helps in increasing the production of collagen on skin, thus collagen helps to maintain the youthfulness and the scar is reduced on using gotu kola regularly. On routine use of gotu kola, your skin will be wrinkle free, radiant, vibrant and free from sagging. Thus youngness in skin is maintained naturally without expensive treatments.
WHAT ARE THE AYURVEDIC PROPERTIES OF GOTU KOLA?
This herb is referred as fountain of life, Promoter of life. It is used as a natural diuretic, febrifuge, nervine, depurative, adaptogen, anti- depressant and rejuvenative. In ayurveda this gotu kola is used widely as rejuvenative nervine, that enhances the memory and concentration power, your adrenal glands are well strengthened on continuous usage of gotu kola, it will cleanse up your blood stream and thus impurities found in skin are removed using this amazing herb. To treat depression effectively this neurotic herb is used, sexual libido is enhanced.
This gotu kola has a bitter taste, naturally it has cooling properties and it will help out on balancing three types of dosha- they are vata, pitta and kapha. It acts as a tonic for pitta and thus calm downing nerves and reducing the excess of kapha found in our body.
Many yogis use this gotu kola to improve their meditation; and the meditation benefits for health are; it opens the crown chakra in our body, also helps in balancing sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. This herb is also found in few Himalayan regions that are used widely by the yogis present over there.
When the given recommended dose of gotu kola is in taken, there wouldn’t be any adverse side effects on taking this gotu kola. Rarely allergic reactions are seen on over dosage of gotu kola, otherwise it’s a perfect nature’s gift that can be taken internally. The only thing is pregnant and nursing mothers should avoid using this herb.
I hope the above shared information will be informative and useful to every one of us, thanks for taking time to readout my article. If you like reading out my articles kindly share it with your friends and family members.