Everybody gets exhausted, even me! Fatigue is a very important part in every individual’s life but the moment we rest the fatigue seems to have gone for the day. Thats how everything goes right? But if in case you have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (Also known as ” Weight gain thyroid” – Thats what my patients call it as ”
In Hypothyroidism, body slows down the thyroid function. Normally when you are diagnosed with hypothyroidism, your doctor will ask you to get a TPO antibody test done which may show high which means that you have Hashimoto’s thyroid. If you have fatigue and you have Hashimoto’s positive, at least you can turn it into Hashimoto’s fatigue.
Let me put some more insights about what exactly is Hashimoto’s fatigue?
Your thyroid gland is a small gland which looks like a butterfly which is located in your neck which is a part of your endocrine system produces a hormones that control metabolism, mood, body temperature, breathing, and heart rate as well and also works in giving you a lot of energy.
Hashimoto’s is a condition in which your immune system is attaching your thyroid by mistake which can either lead to thyroiditis or it can do absolutely nothing and stay positive in your body.
Your immune system maintenance is the key to good health!
You don’t have to stay with this fatigue forever and have the rights to live up completely!
10 solutions which need to be taken care off for Hashimoto’s fatigue:
1.Get Your thyroid lab tests done :
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) tests is a very important to check for your optimal health. If your TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone) falls within the limits then you are considered to be healthy. The moment you complain about fatigue, your doctor will ask you to check your TSH levels. Depending upon various lab results, the ideal range depends and varies between different labs. Normal TSH is okay but optimal TSH is what is required. In addition to TSH, you can also check the levels of your other thyroid hormones which is apart from TSH. Your thyroid gland apart from TSH produces T4 and converts this to T3 (triodothyronine) which is the active form of hormones. Free T3 keeps your metabolism moving and works as the main energy hormone in the body. Make sure that your doctor is asking you to do a full thyroid panel to make sure your TSH, Free T4 (FT4), Free T3 (FT3) levels are all well in the optimal.
Normal Range of these hormones :
Free T4 (FT4)- 0.8 -2.8 ng/dL
Total T4 (TT4)- 4.5 -11.5 ug/dL
Total T3 (TT3)- 75 -200 ng/dL
TSH – 0.3 – 5.0 U/mL
2. After the lab tests are done, make sure that you are on right dose of your thyroid medicine if required after the lab tests are done.
- Usually, Doctor will be prescribe levothyroxine for your TSH fluctuations if any. Please ask your doctor about which medicine and dose is the best for you.
3. Checking your stomach acid levels is very important.
- Research has shown that people with Hashimoto’s normally have low stomach acid levels which can be because fluctuations in your thyroid hormone can cause low absorption of your nutrients. Your stomach acid helps in breakdown of food in the gut for a better absorption of nutrients.
- Bloating, acidity, flatulence are some common issues which is seen because of low stomach acid.
- You can check your stomach acid levels at home as well!
4. Make sure that if you have Anaemia then it is taken care off!
- Hashimoto’s can cause anaemia in middle aged women hence it is very important to keep checking the blood for low iron levels form time to time.
- You can check CBC, Serum iron levels, TIBC (Total Iron Binding Capacity) and serum ferritin levels to know about your iron status.
- Vitamin B6 (Folate deficiency) is also very common hence it needs to be taken care off and it can be supplemented if the symptoms persists.
5. Working on your diet is very important
- It is very important to include antioxidants and other immunity boosting foods which will help in making your immunity stronger!
- Getting off gluten can help you feel better!
- Getting off processed foods and sugar will also help.
- Our next article will cover about this in more depth!
8. Start increasing your exposure to sunlight which will help your body absorb more vitamin D.
9. To work on adrenal fatigue is also very important where your nutrition plays a very important role!
10. Everyday detox is a very good option to go forward with. Adding vegetable juices in the diet with super foods like chia seeds, flax seeds will also increase the nutritional value of these food items.
If you want to try healthy diet plan ,please click here- https://eyogguroo.com/diet-plan/ .