What is the most important thing which we tend to forget or simply ignore? WATER.
How many of us understand the importance of water? ALL OF US.
How many we actually take water seriously? VERY FEW.
I am sure, you might have heard that you must drink at least 2-3 liters of water or minimum 8 glasses every day but how many of us are religiously following it? Every one of us drinks water once we get the thirst feeling. If this is the case with you then that’s not right.
Drinking water after you are thirsty is actually too late for your body to drink water.
Sometimes if you feel hungry, that’s not really hunger. It might be thirst. People often mistake thirst with hunger and end up eating.
Always try and drink water first. Wait for a while and check if you are really hunger. If the hunger pangs still persist, go ahead and eat.
Signs of Dehydration:-
- Dry skin
- Dry mouth
- Water retention
- Excess cellulite
- Severe constipation
Clinical parameters which can be caused because of dehydration:-
- High cholesterol
You should not forget- Your body is made up of 60% water.
Your body flushes out toxins with the help of water.
Water keeps most of the infections at bay!
You need water for everything- To produce your digestive enzymes, absorb essential water-soluble vitamins and minerals.
Your body helps in thermoregulation- Maintaining body temperature.
Your body loses about 3 liters of water during the winter season, just give it a thought-what it would be if this was summer season!
Everybody has its own body requirements. 2 liters is the standard one should have but it is highly personalized depending on the body composition, level of activity, physiological state, medical condition if any.
If you are highly dehydrated, you have low energy levels which reduces your metabolism?
What is metabolism?
It is a chemical process which helps in maintaining a healthy life!
This will either lead to weight gain or many other cardiovascular issues.
How to avoid dehydration?
- Keep a bottle handy with you.
- Keep a bottle in front of you.
- Use smaller bottles which makes you get from your place to fill it up. This will keep you active.
- Try to consume 800 ml to 1 lit of water every day once you wake up. You are highly dehydrated when you wake up which can be guessed from the color of your first urine!
- Keep sipping water throughout the day, don’t wait to be thirsty!
- Consume foods rich in water like cucumber, watermelon.
- You can include herbal tea, buttermilk in your daily diet.
- If you are a coffee lover, you need to be a bit more careful about your hydration. Coffee is a diuretic. if you drink 1 cup of coffee then drink 2 glasses of water after that.
- If you drink alcohol, you need to drink more water. 1 glass of water immediately after consuming alcohol.
Keeping yourself hydrated has many benefits!
STAY AWAY FROM INFECTIONS
HAVE A CLEAR SKIN