People keep Fast in Navratri to take blessings of Lord Durga. These fast are also a good way to detoxify your body and bring the digestive system on track. It is also an effective way for weight loss. It is a way where religion meets health.
Navratri is a festival of nine days where different forms of Lord Durga are worshiped. Navratri is one of the important festivals of Hindus. Lord Ramchandra worshiped Durga Maa for nine days on the banks of the sea and after this, it had to depart towards Lanka. Then he had also won victory in battle, hence Dussehra is celebrated on the tenth day and it is believed that victory over the religion of unrighteousness, truth over untruth, celebrates Dussehra on the tenth day. By worshiping Lord Durga in Navratri, the devotee finds the desired results. In the Puranas, the beauty of Navratri is very beautiful. Brahmadev himself narrated the story about the Brahmin daughter, who had first observed the Goddess Durga’s Navratri, describing the glory of Navratri to Brashpati Dev. There is a special legislation for worshiping at home in Navratri, all these days people keep a fast for mother Durga so that she keeps her blessings on her devotees.
People keep Fast for nine days to make Lord Durga happy. Here, you can know how to follow the rules of Navratri fasting in the days of Navratri:
Navratri – 1 to 3 days
Follow fruit diet. You can eat sweet fruits like apples, bananas, peas, papaya, watermelon, and sweet grapes. And you can also take Indian gooseberry, amla juice, gourd juice and also know the benefits of coconut water.
Navratri – 4 to 6 days
In the next three days, you can dine with a traditional Navratri diet (given below) with fruit juices, buttermilk, and milk.
Navratri – 7 to 9 days
During the last three days, you can follow a traditional Navratri diet. It would be best if you consult the physician before fasting and remember to do the same as possible with a comfortable condition.
Traditional Navratri Diet
Traditional Navratri diet is very good for our body. It Detoxifies the human body and makes the digestive system much better. Navratri diet may be a combination of any of the materials shown below:
- Kootu (a kind of grain) chappati, fasting rice (Shamak rice), Dasa from fasting rice, Dish from Sabudana, Caltrop flour, Rajgirra, Yam, Arabi, boiled sweet potato (Sugar tuber) dishes, etc.
- Butter (ghee), milk and buttermilk All of these have a soft effect on our body.
- Curd with gourd and pumpkin
- Many liquids – coconut water, juice, vegetable soup, etc. In addition to providing energy during obesity, they prevent dehydration and take out toxic substances.
- Fruit salad made with papaya, pears, and apples
When traditional Navratri follows the diet, then it is recommended to do the same:-
- Use rock salt instead of common salt to cook.
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steam, and grinding.
- Just betake.
- Stay away from the grain for the first few days.
- Stay away from fried and heavy food.
- Stay away from onions and garlic.
- Stay away from eating more.
Those who cannot fast, avoid non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onions, garlic, and spices, and can use rock salt instead of ordinary salt for cooking.
Navratri Fast Health Benefits
- Fast is considered as very beneficial in terms of health. Not only this, it helps in weight management, but many types of diseases in the body can also be prevented.
- You can get rid of stomach problems by fasting in these nine days of Navratri. During this period, you will end up with problems like gas, nausea, acidity, diarrhea, burning urine, with light and nutritious diet.
- If you have been trying to reduce your enlarged weight for a long time, then this is a good option for you. You can reduce your weight significantly in these nine days from the right diet.
- During fasting in Navratri, you take fewer calories than other days. In such a situation, you will be able to burn extra calories in nine days than in a year.
- Your daily routine and other things are affected by unnecessary and uncontrolled eating habits in everyday life and busy lifestyle. In such a way, during this fasting of Navaratri, you will be taking care of your lifestyle and diet plan.
- Normally we cannot take fruits and juices every day with discipline, but during fasting, we have no other option. Therefore, consuming plenty of fruits and juice will benefit you at this time.
- In the fasting of nine days, arranging your lifestyle and eating habits also enhances your beauty with health. With the consumption of fruits, dried fruits, there will also be a difference in your skin and the quality of the hair will be improved.
- Fasting not only gives you physical benefits but also gives you spiritual peace and also addresses mental stress and other problems. Fasting is a complete package of physical, mental and spiritual peace.
- During fasting, you do not pay more attention to drinking food besides fruits, while consuming liquids more. In this way, your body removes lack of water and the skin becomes hydrated.
- The use of fruits and drinks during fasting helps in the release of toxic and harmful substances present in the body. And many more problems get rid of problems.
If you like this article, please share with your all friends.You can read another article here ( Happy Navratri! Try out this detox plan to stay healthy while you are fasting! ).