Dealing with diabetes patients everyday makes me understand about how frustrated they are when it comes to eating food.
It is said, food gives you happiness and pleasure.
What will happen when the thing which makes you happy has to be stopped?
This article will give you interesting and tasty food options which diabetics can enjoy completely!
(1) Choco- Jelly
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of honey (Better to use honey than any other harmful sweetener)
- 1/4 th vanilla essence
- 800 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tsp of powder gelatin
- 2 tsp of hung curd
- Mix together cocoa powder, honey, vanilla essence and 2 tbsp. of skimmed milk is a pan and milk well.
- Take another bowl and add the remaining milk. Keep stirring it and bring it to boil. Turn off the heat
- Sprinkle gelatin and stir till it dissolves
- Refrigerate it for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add hung curd while serving.
(2) Ginger lime mousse
- 100 grams paneer
- 3 tbsp. of hung curd
- Grate the rind (Out cover of lime)
- 2 tsp of gelatin
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- Chopped ginger
- Lime slice
- 2 tbsp. of lime
- Blend the pane er and curd together till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Take a bowl, add lime juice and gelatin to it. Leave it still.
- Add hot water to the bowl. Cool a little.
- Add all the ingredients and stir it.
- Serve chilled.
- Decorate with lemon slices
(3) Spinach-cheese muffins!
- 250 g chopped spinach
- 1 cup besan atta
- 1 cup moong dal atta
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 60g paneer, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (Optional)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Pinch of pepper
- Remove stalks and chop spinach finely.
- Steam it, remove all the moisture.
- Sift all the flour, add nutmeg, pepper powder.
- Add cheese, paneer and combine it together
- Add egg if you wish too, to the mixture.
- All the rest of the ingredients to this flour mixture.
- Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake it at 360 degree Celsius
- Bake it till it turns golden.
(4) Spinach Idli
- 1 cup curd
- 200 grams semolina
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1/2 tsp of sodium bicarbonate
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1/4th cup of paneer grated
- Beat the curd and soak semolina in it for an hour
- Wash and chop spinach leaves and add soda, salt to it.
- Mix well.
- Mix the curd, semolina mixture and ginger garlic paste
- Grease the idli moulds and pour the idli batter.
- Serve the idlis on grated paneer.
- Serve with green chutney!
(5) Home made muesli with seeds
- 60 g dried apricots
- 60 g raisins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup puffed rice
- 1/2 cup kheel
- 60 g cashews
- 1/4 tsp of mixed spice
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp of watermelon seeds
- 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- You can add fresh fruits, other nuts as well depending upon your choice.
- Have it with fresh skimmed milk topped with 1/2 tsp of honey if you like!
Everyone has the right to live a healthy and happy life!
You can read our other article here ( Diet plays a very important role in any disease, so in diabetes! ).