Sedentary jobs and sedentary lifestyle is taking a toll over everyone.
People need to find extra time for diet & weight management to stay active these days.
Trying to hit the gym and failing is something i commonly see in my patients.
Everybody is coming to me so that i can help them with some alternatives.
I cant even ask them to leave their jobs because even if they join another job it is going to be the same.
Instead of finding extra time to stay fit, how about utilizing the same time and making it a bit health- productive ?
Here are few tips to stay active during your working hours:-
(1) Change your lifestyle and set some lifestyle goals !
– Try to include quick 10 minutes workout routine.
– 3 days a week yoga.
– Try to minimize your junk food intake.
(2) WALK-A-THON !
– Try to walk as much as you can.
– Choose stairs rather than elevator.
– Fill up small bottles so that you can get up to fill the bottle more frequently.
– Choose a fitness tracker to keep a track yourself and aim at specific step counts. Make your step counts realistic, aim for the ones you can achieve and gradually go up.
– Move around the office as much as you can. Don’t leave a chance to get up. It is ideal to get up every 30 minutes of your sitting hours.
(3) BREAK-THE- FAST with some healthy options !
– Choose for protein rich and healthy food options
– Choose some complex carbohydrates
– Try staying away from ready-to-cereals. It might increase your urge to choose fatty foods.
(4) Drink more water- Consciously !
– Water is the most forgotten nutrient.
– Since most of us stay in AC controlled environment, we do not feel thirsty. Our body is always in the dehydrated mode.
– It is very important to drink water consciously.
– There are many applications which act like reminders. You can track the amount of water you drink.
(5) Go for some healthy munches !
– Instead of choosing farsan, biscuits, chips you should always opt for popcorn, khakras, roasted makhanas, nuts, dry fruits.
(6) Pack your food from home !
– It is always better to have home cooked food.
– Choose for some vegie wraps, some baked salads or simple roti, sabzi, curd with some salads to get complete nutrient dose.
You always have an option, try choosing it!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
- Auras- Learn more about them!
- All you need to know about walking