There are so many seeds available in nature! Every seed has some special quality which is useful for living beings on this planet earth! Some seeds are edible, some seeds are not. Seeds could be poisonous as well because everything is not for consumption!
These fancy seed names have just come up! I remember, even when I was young my mom used to give me ‘Char magaj’ for enhancing my memory. After I grew up and entered medical, I started calling it with those super high-level names and my mom made me realize that its the same which I used to give you!
Seeds are the embryonic part of plant loaded with extremely high benefits!
Let me share the top benefits of different edible seeds, you can give it a shot of including it in your diet!
(1) Chia seeds
- It is commonly known as Sabja. Its the same white round thing which you enjoy in your kulfi falooda! But it has many benefits as well!
- Chia seeds are rich sources of iron and folic acid.
- This is also good sources of magnesium and calcium
- It has a good amount of good fatty acids like omega 3 which keeps your cholesterol in check!
- If you need a good dose of soluble fiber- you can definitely go for chia seeds which will keep you satiated for a longer period of time.
- This also helps in keeping your sugars in check!
(2) Pumpkin seeds
- Yes, you read that right, I am talking about the seeds which you get from pumpkin!
- It is also called as pepitas.
- It is a rich source of vitamin B which is a water-soluble vitamin.
- It is also a good source of iron and other essential micro-nutrients such as zinc and magnesium!
- And how can I forget this, it is an excellent source of proteins too! So to match up your protein requirements, you can surely add a handful of then or maybe even more!
- It helps in managing your anxiety levels because of an excellent amino acid called as tryptophan which works on the same!!
- This is our famous Ulsi which is most commonly used as after food mukhwas in India!
- This is an excellent source of soluble fiber- so if you add this to your curd or milk or smoothies or milkshakes you will definitely not feel hungry for the longest time!
- It will help you lower down your entire triglyceride levels!
- Either power it or take it in its entire form- You can keep out its benefits from all the ways!
(4) Hemp seeds
- Not much talked about, but this a complete powerhouse of protein! To be precise, plant proteins!
- So even if you are a vegan, you can go ahead with this protein source!
- It is normally available in protein powder form as well.
- It is a good for your skin and hair!
(5) Cumin seeds
- It is commonly called as jeera in India!
- It is very good for better digestion
- Jeera water (Soaked overnight) is good for people with acidity issues!
You can share this article with your friends and family.You can also read our another article here ( Protect yourself from dengue and chikungunya with these health home remedies! ).