Swimming is known as the most effective and perfect exercise. It is because you can get all the amazing advantages of an aerobic workout. The best thing about swimming is that you will get all these benefits without damaging your joints. This fabulous exercise can be easily done by both youngsters and elderly. One more thing, you don’t have to keep fancy equipment with you for swimming.
We all know that there are various physical benefits of yoga or health benefits associated with swimming. Just take a long and deep breath and have a look at the benefits of swimming:
- Keeps your weight under control: Swimming is the best exercise for people who want to lose or control their weight. You can easily burn up to 367 calories by doing swimming for 30 minutes daily, which is more than other activities such as running, cycling, and jogging.
- Raises self-esteem and reduces stress: If you are willing to boost your confidence, then start swimming. This ultimate physical activity not just raises your self-esteem, but reduces the level of stress. When you are in the water, you will get a ‘feel good’ factor. Due to this factor, you feel refreshed and tension-free.
- Boosts your mood: A study was held quite some time ago, where the results show that swimmers from all levels are less angry, confused, tensed and depressed while swimming. It is because, our body releases a ‘feel good’ hormone, called serotonin. This hormone also prevents the mood swings.
- Strengthens muscles: The water resistance is around 44 times greater than the air. It means you have to work harder to move your body ahead. It is just like working out without any heavy machines or equipment. This is why swimming is an affordable way of strengthening your muscles.
- Helps in better sleep: According to a report, people who undertake strong exercises like swimming have a better sleep at night. Swimmers have least possibilities of sleeping disorders.
- Sweat free workout: Other workouts may irritate you during summers, but while swimming, you will have zero chances of getting overheated and sweaty. The water around you keeps you fresh and cool all the time.
- Decreases risk of diseases: By adding swimming in your workout, you can keep yourself away from several health problems such as sugar, heart problems, blood pressure, and cholesterol, etc. Therefore, by regular swimming, you don’t have to do workout mistakes and you have fewer chances to develop sicknesses such as heart diseases, stroke, and type-2 diabetes.
- Low-impact workout: Do you know, during swimming, you only bear around 10% of your entire body weight! With an effortless movement of the body and less pressure on joints, muscles, and bones, you will have a lower risk of any injury.
So, these are some amazing health benefits associated with swimming. It is an outstanding form of water sport not just for you, but also for your entire family. You can also enjoy this sports cum aerobic activity with your friends in a pool. So, start swimming from today onwards and have lots of fun!